Season 2 Episode 1

Hi, I have missed this so much! Why Season 2 you might ask? Well one reason is that its been so long since I last posted that I might as well just make the excuse of it being the end of a season and the beginning of a new one to make it seem like a legit situation. Secondly, that is actually the reason why haha...so much happened from last summer until now that it literally feels like a season of life went by. Let me catch you up!

I Got Rocked!
So being a campus missionary is no joke! Last semester presented so many hay-makers that I was fighting to maintain a standing 8 count. Part of the reason why I had not posted in such a while is because the challenges that God had prepared for me last semester at NIU left me not even with the desire to write about them, I just wanted to stay a float and make it out alive. There were times last semester that I just kept asking God where He was, and I kept trying to remind God of the promises that I had claimed and how He was not meeting them. So many times I asked myself "Okay, what am I doing here?" You would think that in all this yelling out to God that nothing powerful happened in me or in the ministry at NIU right? Wrong! God works powerfully in weakness.

Using Me To Shame the Strong
I was not strong last semester but God was strong through me and seeing that over and over last semester brought me to my knees in praise, but it was a gradual process. God gradually made His case to me that HE is more worthy than everything I would put in His place.God showed me that HE can bring men to know Christ through flag football, provide fellowship in tough times, and provide for me in every way I lacked. I remember looking out the window of our first guys bachelor pad ( called "The Manor") thinking to myself of how God had provided us even a house to live in and to use for His purposes at NIU.Yea, this makes me speechless and all I can say is that in the tough times God makes me a believer over and over. I believe in Mark 10:29-31.

The Least Shall Become a Nation

As I write this I am thinking of so many things. It is a new year and I am just reflecting on a crazy year of life, a year lived in IL and what it all meant....what I should have learned. I will spare you the details of what I have learned but I do wanna say that the affect of what I have learned has made me excited to see what God will do next. There are new students in our ministry that I love dearly and am honored to know and I am excited to see how God can multiply their lives for the Gospel in knowing that just a semester ago some of these guys did not even know Him. So I am praying to be a a soldier for Him in an even deeper and more faithful way, I dont wanna miss out on the blessings that will come in this next chapter. Love you!

Prayer Requests
- that our ministry continues to experience growth internally and externally
-direction on how to honor God in "The Manor"
- that I keep hopeful in God's continual provision in my life.

Comments